Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 4 of our 65 Day Journey

Today my goal is being with the love of my life
we have so much fun being together and being in love.  Bob's daughter tells us we are like 2 teenagers in love, even if he wouldn't share the restroom.

Now, I guess you all wondering how this is setting with our goals on the journey with God.  Well Bob and I have based our whole relationship with GOD.


We have spent hours upon hours talking about where we would both like to attend church and have come to the agreement as long as they teach the Bible then we will not mind.  With God on our side we can't go wrong.


Shawn over at http://coloradobeckers.blogspot.com is also hosting a 30 day Thankful list.
Come on and stop and give Shawn some love.
Day 1 of my 30 day Thankful list.  I am thankful for Bob's Unconditional love for me and that our love is growing everyday.  Also, that we have put our faith in God above.  That God continues to let us see things that we normally wouldn't see.

Our daily devotional for couples says this   It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, . . . who stretches out the heavens like a curtain. ISAIAH 40:22   


   Ask almost any gathering of Christians to name one thing they wish they knew more about and prayer would be near the top of every list. I understand that. Yet perhaps in longing for those far-off secrets of spiritual success, we overlook prayer's simplicity and beauty. Perhaps in searching for answers, we forget that prayer in its simplest form is a reverent conversation with God.

One of my favorite places to go on our little piece of property in the woods is the picnic table down by our fire pit. I often find myself there, not on the bench, but sitting on the table itself—looking out at the sky, the treetops, the hills in the distance. Usually within the first minute or two of leaning back on my open palms, I find myself reflecting upon God, His greatness and the beauty of His creation. It's easy to see from my picnic table: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" (Genesis 1:1). We are His. We are here only because . . . He is.
It's so simple, isn't it? The perspective from my picnic table says that it is.
Perhaps it's because all we see sometimes are sidewalks and skyscrapers.
Shopping centers and new construction. Office walls and commuter traffic.
In the midst of a noisy, hectic life, we don't notice the pinks and purples of a morning sunrise. Our prayer life takes the staccato form of our non-stop lifestyle, with all the depth of a coffee-break conversation.
But what if you knew that all it took to kick-start your prayer experience with God was to locate one of His billowy clouds floating effortlessly across a city skyline . . . and begin to remember who made it . . . and who made you . . . and who has the affairs of your marriage and family safely in the grasp of His loving, caring arms?

Do you make prayer harder than it is? What helps remind you most often that God is there?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8