Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 3 of 65 journey

Welcome to day 3 of our Journey  if you haven't checked out http://theprairiemaid.blogspot.com you really should stop by and be truly blessed we are taking a 65 day journey.

Today I found some quiet time just for "my Heavenly Father and me, I feel so cleansed after spending time alone.   I was also reminded, no matter when I think I am alone he is always there beside me


Psalm 32:1-2
Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. 2.  Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit




Footprints in the Sand
 
 
        One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
             Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
                  In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
                       Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
                           other times there were one set of footprints.
 
                                  This bothered me because I noticed
                                that during the low periods of my life,
                             when I was suffering from
                         anguish, sorrow or defeat,
                     I could see only one set of footprints.
 
          So I said to the Lord,
      "You promised me Lord,
         that if I followed you,
             you would walk with me always.
                   But I have noticed that during
                          the most trying periods of my life
                                 there have only been one
                                       set of footprints in the sand.
                                           Why, when I needed you most,
                                          you have not been there for me?"
 
                                 The Lord replied,
                          "The times when you have
                  seen only one set of footprints,
          is when I carried you."
                                                   Mary Stevenson
 
 
  Copyright © 1984 Mary Stevenson, from original 1936 text, All rights reserved


hope everybody is having a great Monday!!  and that your week is full of blessings
Rainbow
PS Bob and I are doing wonderful

1 comment:

  1. Coming by for a visit, always makes me smile!

    I know you enjoy "sky watching"....me too. I especially like the night sky during winter...the stars are so bright. I am often struck with the thought, that Abraham and Sarah walked under these same stars as they left Ur to follow God....as have so many others. It is an awesome thing to be reminded of. HE is so good toward us.

    Blessings on your week, my friend!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8