Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I am a proud member



I am a proud member of  http://www.soldiersangels.org  if you haven't visited this site you are truly missing out.

I just had my 2 yr anniversary on the letter writing team (pats myself on the back)  I write 9 letters per week, you even can adopt a special soldier to write and send care packages to on a monthly basis, more if you feel you want to do more.

They are over in "Hell" fighting for our continued freedom, loved ones at home always wondering when the phone rings, or when they see an unknown car pulling into the drive.  Everybody likes receiving mail don't we?  I have gotten some very good penpals as well.  Remember though if you write you may not get a response as most are out "17 hrs per day" sometimes longer.

You would be truly amazed at the simple things we take for granted on a daily basis, while our troops are begging for them..IE kleenex, paper, pens, pencils and now hot chocolate.  What I did on my adopted soldier is dropped that coke every day and use it so send their care packages.

Hope you all will at least stop by and if you are compelled to do something nice then you can join in too.

Hope everybody is having a great Hump day
Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8