Tuesday, November 1, 2011

day 5 of our 65 day journey

Welcome to day 5 of the 65 day journey  for some reason today I am really struggling to find the words to do even my picture blog I guess we all get writers block sometimes?  One year ago today I did my very first blog!  Also, today one year ago Nov 1st is when the love of my life and I met face to face.  I will never forget that day the butterflies were really going to town.  Bob left on Halloween and I didn't hear anything from him from the time he left till he got to Tulsa, was that nerve wracking?   Didn't know if he was on the bus or not.



So I go about my usual normal day, not really I left my house at 3:30 to be downtown at 5:30 and it is a 20 minute drive so I find myself stopping for that extra sweet tea, go to the $store.  I arrive downtown at 4:45 only to find the bus to be delayed :(  I didn't have time to go to the convenient store to get something to eat...so I sit in the car and read my BIBLE for almost 45 mins then I go stand up by the building (was that scary the homeless people tend to linger there) I find a quite spot in the corner, having my bible in my purse (I felt safer with it there after all I had the highest power with me.  I see the bus coming around the corner, again the butterflies kick up.  I feel so sick and it is almost over whelming.    I took the picture when the bus pulls into the station.  Bob was almost the last person off that darn thing, seemed like it took forever for him to get off.  He comes toward and says Gina?  I am like BOB? we hugged for a moment, then a small kiss.  We went to ck in at the hotel, and the management didn't read their notes very well, as we told them he would pay on the 3rd, and he is like it has to be here before you can stay,....now what?  I prayed, Lord keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.  I was really getting aggravated as Bob had just gotten off of a 24 hour bus ride only to find they couldn't read directions.  After, all he was going to be here the full week, and he is such a gentleman wanting to stay at the hotel not  with me.    So after we get that all taken care of we go out to my house so that I can fix him something to eat.
Then we finally got to have our real first kiss and even the kitty had to get into the picture.  Kitty loves Bob.

I am guessing that some of you are wondering how or what does this have to do with our spiritual journey?  well simple God brought us together and we are following the direction and guidance of our
HEAVENLY FATHER


Then reading my daily devotional today
"The Righteous will Live by Faith"
Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because "The Righteous Will Live by Faith"  Galatians 3:11

We all continue growing SPIRITUALLY every day  




G --Go to God in daily prayer (John 15:7)
R-- Read God's Word Daily  (Acts 17:11)  Begin with the Gospel of John
O--Obey God moment by moment (John 14:21)
W--Witness for Christ by your life and words (Matthew 4:19; John 15:8)

T--Trust God for every detail in your life (1 Peter 5:7)
H--Holy Spirit:  Allow Him to control and empower your daily life and witness 

(Galatians 5:16,17; Acts 1:8)    


Maybe this is something we can all work on in our daily lives.

Hope all of you are having a great week

Thirty Days of Thanks!

November 1st – 30th  

Remember Shawn is beginning the 
Thirty Days of Thanks 
today.  I am so glad Shawn asked us to join her, because participating in something like this always reminds me of how blessed I truly am.



I am thankful today for Sunshine and beautiful weather for the 1st of Nov and being 80 outside WOW...look out next week.  I am also very thankful for Bob and my unconditional love for each other , and that our love continues to grow every day...both Spiritually and physically.

Blessing
Rainbow

                               

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    I was wondering about Missy, call her and tell her we all want her back and not matter what the problem..we all have shoulders for her to lean on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. honey baby, i surely remember the long bus
    trip, and meeting you for the first time. i have to admit, i also was quite nervous meeting you for the first time. (nervous in a very good way) after meeting you, it was all magic in every sense of the word. your warm smile and charm invited me into your heart, and it was wonderful in every way. being with you always reminds me how
    elegant and sweet you are. spending time with you has been the most rewarding time for me, and i enjoyed being with you immensely. your grace and love has, and continues to be awe inspiring. in closing,
    i want to say...your the most wonderful woman in the world, and thank you for sharing your love life me and i miss you dearly. gina, i love you very much!

    (((((((bob~n~gina)))))))alway~n~4ever

    ily vvvvvm

    p.s. ur the bestest (ily n soon)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing how you got together. It is so beautiful how GREAT things can be when we "Let go and let GOD!!" That is the hard part though, we always want to put our 2 cents in. GLAD YOU GUYS ARE DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY. Love to you both and you have it as long as you have each other.

    rainbow (Momma Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im slow lately but I am trying harder to stay up. Congrats on the one year everything it appears. WOW! You started your blog just a few weeks before I started mine. I beleive my first blog was on the 27th of this month. Im cannot believe I have made it almost one year. It is rather exciting to say the least. Thank you for posting this jounrey on your blog. I am really having fun with it and enjoying it very much. Many blessing to you and to another very awesoem year of success in relationships and blogging. God is Good!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8