Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 61 old wash board and crying iron



I had to take my big comforters to the laundry mat to wash today,
 I noticed this ole wash board.  Wow I am so glad we don't have to
 do laundry the old fashioned way.
Thank the Lord for modern day washers, dryers.  However I do
like to hang my towels, sheets on the line to dry nothing seems
fresher than those smells of line drying.

I even on my counter have an old crying iron most I can tell is early
 1900's now that sucker is heavy...no wonder they called them crying irons.
This thing is made out of cast iron heavy yes, I use it also when it gets cold,
put it on the burner and heat it up it stays warm for hours

Hope everybody is having a great Tuesday and that your week
continues to be full of blessings.

Do you remember ironing and washing clothes the old fashion way?

1 comment:

  1. I remeber my mom had a wringer maching that you pulled the laudry through. I use to take ironing in to make extra cash. Hung the kids cloths and cloth diapers on the line to dry. Oh I remember using a wash board when I had no cash to clean the clths too. Oh that was tons of work. Glad Im not doing that now. But if thigns get any tighter at least I know I could if I had too because I know how. Blessings Loved this post

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8