Tuesday, December 13, 2011

13 days of Christmas family traditions day 2

Welcome to day 2 of the family traditions.  I know yesterday was more on memories than traditions...but memories are all fun as well.

One tradition we always do even today is we put up moms outside lights so their house can be pretty for Christmas.  Mom puts up the big bulbs and then icicle   lights those are so pretty and a finishing touch to any lights.

When mom used to put up her BIG tree (she uses a 4 ft one now) we all used to have our own decorations to put on the tree, wow was that ever fun of course me being the youngest and the "shortest" I always got to put the low ones on..till one year my brother picked me up and let me put the angel on the top...wow  I was in heaven as I made the tree beautiful.
Up till the last 16 -20 yrs Christmas was at grandparents....we used to say "grandma got ran over by a reindeer" hehe as she was always so tired from all the family being there...Since they have gone to be with Jesus now we have Christmas at my brother and sister n laws (I can't wait till we start having it back with mom n dad  it just isnt the same, going to my brothers (not that I don't love them) but grandparents are just that....and oh how they love their grandkids!!!  I hope one day the traditions can get back to the way it was meant to be...with our parents...but I am not gripping just saying.

I hope all of you have some fun Christmas memories & traditions that you would share with us.

Blessings
Rainbow
PS  next year there will be some new Christmas memories started

Do you cherish your traditions?








2 comments:

  1. So Im really enjoying this one. This is so much fun! thank you Gina! Hope you are having a super blessed week.
    I remember going to grandmas house. Sometimes they would come to ours. As we lived all over due to miltary so it wasnt always easy to be with teh family. But I do have fond memories at grandmas and grandpas. Thank you for reminding me of those specail days of long ago.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to have traditions and pass them down and helping with decorations is a great one! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8