Thursday, April 10, 2014

showers of hodgepodge

Showers of Hodgepodge

Welcome to this week's edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge.  If you're here visiting from the A-Z Blog Challenge, please know my post for the letter H will be up here shortly. Or longly? Sometime Wednesday, how's that?

A note to Hodgepodgers-remember next week is Spring Break in the Hodgepodge, so no link on April 16th. The Hodgepodge will be back to its regularly scheduled programming the week of April 23rd. Thank you for understanding!

Okay, here we go...my answers to this week's questions-

Sorry for missing Tuesday post, I am lucky to keep
up with blogging staying 24/7 at the hospital is not a fun thing

1. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. When did you last 'shower attention on someone or have attention 'showered' on you? Did you love it or did all that attention make you squirm?

We all love getting attention, however Gilligan shows attention every single 
day, showering attention, does it count staying day and night at the hospital with mom?  aiding dad while he was visiting mom?  even the little things sometimes we take for granted others are very appreciative



2. Share a favorite 'spring break' memory.  Not talking about just the college 'spring break' thing, but any favorite spring break memory you'd like to share. Keep it family friendly please!
Spring break for me was always spent in TX with my other cousins, it was always a nice treat to spend all week with them and my grandparents 
whom there isn't a day that goes by that I do not miss them both.


3. It's National Pecan Month...are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite dish that calls for pecans?
I love pecans, I would have to say chicken salad.


4. 'Put all your eggs in one basket', 'egg on your face', rotten egg', 'walk on eggshells' or 'a good egg'...which eggs-pression could most recently be applied to your own life?
I have been a good egg :)  spending time at hospital with mom, then making sure dad gets home safe and sound

5. In my experience__________________________________________.
people seem to be getting more rude and self centered


6. What's a favorite song with the word rain in its title or lyrics?
I miss the rains down in Africa by TOTO

7. What does the word hope mean to you?
HOPE to me what a great week to post this, mom broke her hip last Thursday surgery on Friday,   we are hoping for a quick and speedy recovery,
My Hope is in you Lord  Aaron Shust    (reminds me that my Father is always with me and that there is no other protector because he is the highest of high,   Thank you my Father for always protecting me and my family

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Always spend every day you can with your parents, and tell them often you love them, as tomorrow may be too late.

4 comments:

  1. Nice post and I can not wait to see your A to Z post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post and I can not wait to see your A to Z post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your mom's accident. I'm glad you've been able to be there with her. Wishing her a speedy and complete recovery!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8