Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mother May I answer the Hodgeodge

Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge! It feels good
 to be responsible for just one post today, as opposed
 to the two I was writing on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
 during the April A-Z Blog Challenge.  Add your link
 (Hodgepodge posts only please!) at the end of my
 post, and then hop over and visit some of the other participants.   

Here we go-






1. Share something you appreciate (or something you appreciated as you 
were growing up) about your mother.
mom was always and still is to this day, the most loving
caring woman on earth....I appreciate the fact that
mom always tried hard to make me cute little dresses, that
always matched her and my late grandmother for easter


2. A quote most commonly ascribed to Plato reads-"Necessity is the mother
 of invention." When did this last play out in your experience?
having no children of my own, only fur babies,
I am having to be mommy to my 12 yr old more now than ever
she is having a hard time seeing now, and is starting to run into things
she is in no pain just going blind because of age.
Weak answer I know, but like I said, I'm no McGuyver
Some of you don't even know what that means, do you?   McGuyver was one of my Favs

3. Share one of the earliest memories you have from childhood.
at the age of 4 or 5 after completing swimming lessons (gads I
hated those) we all went to the lake, I being the big brave swimmer, hehe
stepped into a *to me* giant deep hole and thought that was it for me.
Dad, and his friend jumped to feet and both grabbed me before I went
under the water the 2nd time....I have never been scared of the water

4. When did you last 'hit the mother lode'? What was it?
Monday at work, trying to talk to one of the younger guys I
work with giving advice

5. What is/was your favorite dish mom made? Do you make that dish for your 
family/friends now that you're all grown up?
mom always made the best fried chicken and homemade potato salad
I fix every chance I get

6. Mother May I? was at one time a popular children's game.
 It required no equipment or parts to play. What was your favorite 
childhood game to play where you could just turn up and play-no gear needed?
We always played cartoon freeze tag it was a riot.
when you got tagged you had to say a cartoon character

7. Which TV mom (past or present) is your favorite, and why?
I have to agree Mrs. Carol Brady was the bomb, what is not to love
about a mom who can raise 6 kids

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I am now a Mary Kay consultant!!! So excited about my new
career

3 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo, congrats on your new career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had a swimming lesson in my life. I am self taught. I would love to take lessons someday, thought. It would be good to become a better swimmer. I don't have the skills necessary to survive long term in the water, if needed. Carol Brady had to be an amazing mom to raise 6 kids. I thought raising three kids was a handful. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your Mary Kay venture!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8