Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Hodgepodge-Where Everybody Knows Your Name

The Hodgepodge-Where Everybody Knows Your Name

Welcome to October and another week in the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Everyone is welcome to play along-just answer the questions on your own blog, then come back here to add your link to the party. Here are my answers to this week's questions-


1. What's one thing you learned in September?
sometimes, people are not what they seem remember the wolf in sheeps clothing?
2. Acorn squash, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, yellow squash, zucchini squash, or blech! hold the squash!...what's your favorite squash?  Your favorite way to prepare your favorite squash?
I love the yellow squash...I like them fried or baked

3. The older I get the ______________________________.
the more vocal I get


4. What's your favorite television theme song ever?
CHEERS...because sometimes you got to go where everybody knows your name  

5. What do you wish you'd spent more time doing five years ago?
well 5 yrs ago, I shattered my ankle, was non--weight bearing for 16 weeks,
so I had lots of free time....did lots of crafts, reading, sleeping...lol so really to say
that I wish I had done more, I guess would have to say  trying harder to work at my job which was super hard since I stood all day

6. What item do you most need (or want) to add to your wardrobe this fall?
new jeans, and sweat-shirts (want not need)

7. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts cartoon was introduced to the world.  What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid? (I am sorry Joyce, I agree with you totall on this statement)
Looney Tunes, especially those featuring Bugs, Wile E. Coyote, or Foghorn Leghorn can't forget Marvin the Martin and who was the big red guy? were my absolute favorite, but I also loved The Jetsons, and Johnny Quest. Back when TV viewing wasn't available 24/7, and most people didn't have multiple televisions, let alone the capability to record programming, Saturday morning cartoons were much anticipated and such a treat.  

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Never, pass up the opportunity to say "I LOVE YOU" as tomorrow may be too late

1 comment:

  1. I just don't think Saturday Cartoons are what they USED to be at ALL!.. When I turn on the t.v. on a Saturday morning NOW, I see a LOT more live action than actual CARTOONS. What happened here?! After a whole week of school, I guess the t.v. stations just prefer to stick the required educational stuff in the Saturday morning time slot, so as not to have to place it where there is such a higher calling for the "REALLITY" garbage and infomercials?.. Are there no time-slots available for our kids to see the just-plain-fun cartoons anymore? I say bring back Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry! We all miss them!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8