Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 7 How cool is this?


This old tree fell just east of the house, last spring.  When they were here pulling up the remainder of the roots I saw something sparkle, I figured it was a coin or a piece of glass, wow was it ever pretty.

Its is amethyst quartz, I also found a very large white piece of quartz.  It was covered with dirt, so I bring it inside and let it soak overnight and then let it drain, and the results were breathtaking.  The pictures really do not do any justice.

It sits in my west window so that it can sparkle with all of its glory with the sun.  It glistens so pretty, every once in  a while I even catch a glimpse of a small  rainbow.   I have a huge collection of rocks that I have picked up over the years.  I even have the rock that I stepped on from when I shattered my ankle..another blog idea? hmmmm.

I know that some of you will remember this pic from other blog, but is a nice pic to share again ;)

DO you enjoy looking for rocks?
This is a blog hop please grab the button and link up share with others
Photo a day

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I would love to see that rock as that is my birth stone. Love reading about your rock collection. I have a friend here in Portland that I went to school with that her and her dad are rock hounds.I had the honor of going to a rock show recently. It was so much fun and I learned so much as well. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amethyst is Feb's birthstone...my birthday is Feb 9th!! I would have loved to find something like this myself.

    I am now following you with Google+...thanks for following me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8