Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Hodgepodge-Required Reading For A Wednesday

Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge!  I'm so glad you're joining the fun here...be sure to add your link before you go a-visiting.  Here are my answers-






1. The USA will mark Columbus Day on Monday, October 14th this year...what's something you need or want to explore (literally or metaphorically speaking)?
I enjoy rock digging...it's funny that you ask this question, as this weekend some friends and myself are going to the salt flats in Jet OK hoping to find these.
Hopefully, it is a state park not national it will be opened, but if not there is lots more to see around there.
you can read about it here  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Salt_Plains_State_Park  

2. The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz, Ursula from The Little Mermaid, or Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty...who do you most love to hate?
I have to agree with you Joyce, Ursula she is mean and creepy, and wicked witch of west...well she is ugly and creepy....

3. Is open-mindedness a virtue?  I do not think it is a virture, it just depends on your (mine) definition of open-minded.   I probably am more open-minded than most, but I still have my values that I go by.    (the mind  works like a parachute, best when opened)
4. How often do you weigh yourself? not on a regular basis as I do not own scales, however at the dr today (they weighed, finding what I already know...I need to loose weight)
5. This question comes to you courtesy of Rebecca over at Making Memories, so thanks Rebecca!
Costa Rica was recently named the happiest country in the world on The Happy Planet Index.  What's the happiest country in the world to you, and what makes it so?   Well I have only been to Mexico but to me it was not so happy,  I would have to say Germany, Scottland   what is not to love about all those castles

6. Besides The Bible, what is one book you think should be mandatory reading for every high school student?Well, being that "To Kill A Mockingbird was a requirment"  as well as the "hobbit" but also think Mark Twain is a MUST THUMBS up here

7. I went shopping at some nearby outlets last week, and while I was there, I picked up a couple of Christmas gifts. How about you? Have you started your holiday shopping yet?   I haven't even gotten my fall decorations up yet much less thinking about Christmas...so my answer is NO

8. Insert your own random thought here.  
When I woke up this morning, I asked myself, "What is life about?" I found the answer in my room...the fan said, "Be cool." The roof said, "Aim high." The window said, "See the world!" The clock said, "Every minute is precious." The mirror said, "Reflect before you act." The calendar said, "Be up to date." The door said, "Push hard for your goals." the toilet says flush your troubles away." The floor said, "Kneel down and pray"...
and one more
Tomorrow is never promised and yesterday is gone. Today is what I have for me. And this day will shine for me. And that makes me dance with Glee even if in my mind and I do not mind.It is time for me. A free bird I must be !! Fly into the future for tomorrow is never promised and yesterday is a memory. I will drive my life looking threw the front window , new things to explore, in the rear view , well that is a memory now past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8