Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Penny For Your Hodgepodge Thoughts

A Penny For Your Hodgepodge Thoughts

Welcome to this week's edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Answer the questions on your own blog, then hop back over here to share the linky love. Tell the truth now, it's Honest Abe's birthday ya know!

Here we go-


1. What makes love last?
honesty, trust, fidelity, sense of humor *if you love somebody whole heartedly* there will always be something coming up.  working out problems
together it is 50/50 proposition not one sided

The Beatles made their U.S. debut fifty years ago this week. Are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite Beatles tune?
Yes I like the Beatles I would have to say ALL MY LOVING is my all time favorite

3. Valentine's Day-your thoughts? Do you celebrate in any way? Do anything special for the people you love? Expect anything special from the people who love you?
Valentines Day is the Day of love yes, I buy mom candy, card 
my parents always get me candy and a card LOL today I shopped for dad, for mom!!  but hey when I get to be 82 I probably will be the same way.  As far anything special from my love, Gilligan's special gift will be arriving at my home which will be HIM

4. Steak or burger...you have to choose. Now that that's settled, how do you like it?
Steak medium-well please

5. The Hodgepodge lands on the birthdate (February 12th) of Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America. Lincoln is quoted as saying,"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test his character give him power."  Do you agree? Why or why not?
Most definitely! but not always in a good way  IE look at a clerk
in any retail store who is promoted to MGR the ego goes straight to their heads.   
I do agree with Joyce that Billy Graham remains humble, saving souls and leading them to the cross.

6. Honest Abe's picture is on the US penny (1 cent coin) so I'm wondering...what do you do with your pennies (or your country's equivalent)? It's been suggested the US stop making the penny,and two bills have been proposed suggesting just that, but neither were approved.  What say you?
OH Boy, DO not stop making the pennies, as I always need a penny to pay that extra 2 or 3 cents  and the $2 bill I have a stash of them just in case, plus I will be getting more as Gilligan and I have a deal that involves $2.00 bills so they can't quit making them just yet

7. Do you think pop culture deserves serious study?
not serious study I also, think that it is a waste of money
to study something like pop.  However, some of the pop singers today, REALLY?  no names needed I think we all know who 
our kids are idolizing!!! not a good role model at all

8.  Insert your own random thought here-
Praying for the safety of all the Olympians so many have fallen.

2 comments:

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8