Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Coming up roses in the hodgepodge

Welcome to this week's edition of The Wednesday Hodgepodge!
 I'm glad you joined the fun today, and be sure to add your
 link at the end of my post.  I  say this a lot lately, but 
please-only link here if you've answered the questions.
 Thanks!

Also, a reminder the Hodgepodge is on summer holiday
 next week (June 11th), so no link party. Look for its return the following week-June 18th.

Here we go-


1. I've read several posts and status updates recently describing end of year school field trips.
 Do you remember taking school field trips as a kid? 
Where did you go and do you recall a favorite? 
For any parents responding today, have you ever chaperoned
 a school field trip, and if so where?
Yes I remember field trips, the most memorable
was in the 5th grade going to Keystone Dam and
getting to go through that, it was scary because even
as a child I was claustrophobic

2. What's something you're tired of seeing online?
guns, ....ok lets be reasonable, GUNS do not kill people
people kill people...I know I am going to get a lot of flack
over this, I support our 2nd amendment...however, I do
think that there need to be stricter laws before you can get a gun

3. June is the month for roses. Which of the following expressions would you
 say could most recently be applied to your life-'everything's coming up roses
' 'there's no rose without a thorn' came out smelling like a rose' or 'wearing rose-colored glasses'? 
There is no rose without a thorn,   through life's trials 
and tribulations ....life is an uphill battle, and people are 
full of negativity so much to the point of breaking, however
turning the cheek is always the right thing to do

4. When grilling outdoors do you prefer gas or charcoal? 
Who does the grilling at your house? 
What's the last thing you ate that was cooked on a grill?
We have one of each in case of emergency
Dad is the grill master
Hamburgers, and were they yummylicious

5. Are you afraid of the dark?
I have to admit YES I am especially in places I am not
familiar with.

6. Share a favorite song with a number in its title.
One More Night by Phil Collins

7. "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding about ourselves.
"(C.G. Jung) Do you agree? Why or why not?
somewhat agree,  as I have no patience for people who are
arrogant, self centered, full of negativity, lazy.
I always try to find a positive in any negative

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, run in the mud.  Life is 
too short to be angry all the time.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Life is too short to be angry all the time! I am with you on #2 and #3 as well! Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely a fan of Phil Collins! Like your quote in #8!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post! Dropping by from the Hodgepodge Linkies at Joyce's Other Side of The Pond. =) I love that Phil Collins song too! =)
    Blessings, Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8