Thursday, June 26, 2014

Chats on the front porch week 8 for me

Linking up with over here >>> http://www.everydayruralty.com/
this is a fun lil meme you are really missing out
by not meeting wendell..he loves carrots so stop on over

Everyday Ruralty

It has been quite an interesting week here on Gilligands Island
we had Tsunami warnings out.....the wind was atrocious,
waves were well BIG good for the surfers
on to reality....it was a busy hectic week lots going on
on to the porch chat
Our Chat Questions:

  1. What do you think you would have liked most from my menu?
  2. Have you ever had an interesting experience with serving dinner guests?
  3. What's your favorite beverage, this summer?
  4. Do you ever have bouquets of fresh flowers in your home?
  5. Tell me something interesting. Please.
My answers:
1.  boy this is a tough one for me, as everything on the menu sounds
yummylicious!  one thing...the banana cake sounds good 
2.  Yes, at my girlfriend(s) weddings I got the honor not only to be their
maid of honor but also the honor of serving all that food to the guests
3.  Sweet tea, nothing like it but on hot days I love fruit water *lemons,
limes, oranges, watermelon mixed in water nothing better*
4.  very seldom, only when a certain person sends them to me :),
on a good note most everybody knows that I love flowers and plants though
5.  something intersting   LOL :JK  you can understand this being on a farm
there is a gazillion crawdads in my yard *I guess they know they will not be harmed* only their homes filled back in when I mow....they are night creatures 
seeing them every night,....one day this week I actually saw this particular
one I call him hermie....he was pinching the seeds off the grass using 
pincher(s) to eat said seeds with...how cool is this I was thinking.
so mr crawdad discovers me watching then he became mr baddy...he put his 
pinchers up in the air like he was trying to fight me....buddy the 100 lb boxer
sees mr hermie in fighting mode....looks at him and turns the other way
dragging mom along...I think a dog that big being scared of a critter that isn't
even 6" long total is quite amusing.  Last night WED, however we were out 
doing doggie business as usual, hermie is out and along came this garter snake 
he literally scared the boxer almost half to death...some watch dog I have.
He thinks he is a lap dog LOL

happy weekend...Wendell....I told everybody to give you fresh
carrots and water....hope it worked out for you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8