Thursday, June 30, 2011

365 days of pictures ~day 45~ box turtle

I was pulling under the shade tree coming home from my parents and saw this beautiful turtle sitting right in the way.  I am so glad I saw him, sure wouldn't want to run him over, he (it) is fairly large
for a common box turtle.

So I get out of the car and go to move him, and he makes his funny hissing noise and tries to close up, I get a pic wow...I know it is a little blurry.

Notice the brown grass already and the spot where there is none...it looks like August here not July.

Please keep praying that we get some rain.

Blessings
Rainbow

Hope all of you have a great and safe 4th

3 comments:

  1. I love turtles and tortoises. Glad you resucued him. It is illegal here to keep box turtles but he could have been a pet previously and not know how to survive on his own. I have a 70lb (baby) African sulcata tortoise and an adult red foot...both free to roam the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet he escaped from somewhere.
    So glad you didnt run the little man over. You are such a pet finder and resuer.
    Hope you get some rain.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for saving all your little ones. Believe it or not my husband once saved a Bull Snake crossing the road during 5 o'clock rush holding up all the traffic both ways til it crossed. Everyone didn't seem mad but wanted to know, "Is it a good snake?" To me if it wiggles it is a bad snake but he likes the Bull Snakes. HOPE YOU HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY 4th.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8