Monday, June 27, 2011

21 days of Summer Challenge day 17 summer camp

Day 17 Summer CampI loved Summer camp,  We went to the Oklahoma Baptist Assembly (Falls Creek)The

 top picture is the swimming hole we went to, and no coed swimming, we each would swim for about 30 minutes at a time so it was fair.  Now  they let everybody swim together...time has changed The bottom pic is the new tabernacle it is air

 conditioned and has cushion seats...wow,...our tabernacle was a/c all right (open walls and the wind blowing) and those pews were made out of solid OAK and they sure made the bum hurt.  The classrooms also had 

no a/c the water fountains in the courtyards is where we got our refreshing "cool" water from.  1982 my first time there I had never been away from home, boy did I get home sick


1983 June 25 is when I found the Lord, it hit me like a ton of bricks in front of all those people I took the walk to the front of the tabernacle, boy was I ever scared!  
that night 120 people came to Jesus.

          I loved summer camp, wish I could have gone to more.  I still have my bible that I bought while at camp the first time, it is tathered and torn but has been used a lot over the last 27 yrs.  I don't use it now, as I had to go to larger print. (darned eyes)

In my 9th, 10th 11th and 12th grade I also went to summer band camp, being that I was at the school that had the best band in the state at the time, everybody wanted to come to catoosa as the band program was awesome  1/2 way thru my 10th yr we moved to a smaller school band camp there was just as fun, the teacher left Catoosa and the program went down hill, our teacher at my new school was great and our little band (30 of us) played in all kind of contests and won!! our biggest honor was the "best of the best" taken at Worlds of Fun!  So no matter if your big or small you can still have great sounds

Hope you all are having a great summer today with index here was 109 (at 945 in the evening index is still 100)
Come on over tomorrow where the topic is SUMMER FASHION


Blessings
Rainbow








1 comment:

  1. honey baby, the top picture with the water fall is lovely. im sure summer camp was awesome, and you had a wonderful time. i think it's great you still have the bible from summer camp. gina, i miss you dearly and love you very much!!

    ((((((bob~n~gina))))))always~n~forever

    ily vvvv m xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8