Thursday, June 23, 2011

21 days of Summer Challenge day 14 summer recipes

21 DSC: Day 14Today's Topic: Summer Recipes  One of my favorite summer recipes is Confetti Bean Salad1 can *16 oz* kidney beans (drained & rinsed)1 can *15 oz* Garbanzo beans or chickpeas (rinsed & drained)1 can *15 oz* black beans (drained & rinsed)1 package *10 oz* frozen corn (thawed)1/2 c minced cilantro or parsley1/2 c chopped sweet red pepper1/4 c chopped onion2 garlic cloves minced1/2 cup balsamic vinegar1/2 cup canola or olive oil1 tsp chili powder1/2 tsp sugarIn a large bowl combine first 10 ingredients, In a jar with tight fitting lid mix vinegar, oil, chili powderand sugar shake well.  Pour over bean mixture toss to coat.  cover & refrigerate over night.  Serve withslotted spoon.  (Serves 12)
Hope you all are enjoying the blog it is so fun :-) wow we are 3/4 done now with the challenge
Blessings
Rainbow


4 comments:

  1. I can't believe we are already on day 14!! Wow! This salad seems perfect for summer!! Definitely going to try this sometime soon!! I'll let you know when I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad sounds good. Im sure my mom would lvoe iot. As she loves beans.
    I think I will have to copy this off for her.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't actually every made a bean salad (I do eat beans) I'll have to try =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. honey baby, the salad sounds great, and i can't wait to try this with you. i miss you more and more each day, and i love you very much!!

    ((((((bob~n~gina))))))always~n~gina

    ily vvvv m xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8