Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Rooted in the Hodgepodge

Welcome to the Hodgepodge!  So glad you joined the fun this week, and if you haven't, well what are you waiting for?  Answer the questions on your own blog, then add your link at the end of my post.  Easy peasy. Oh, and be sure to say hi to your neighbors, because we're neighborly here.


1. Do you have an interest in learning about your family's heritage? Why or why not? If you know a little bit about your roots, share an interesting piece of trivia or a fun fact about someone who goes way back on your family tree.
I love finding about my family's heritage, I have traced my family back to the early 1600's
15 of my great great grandparents were full blood german the 16th as full blood Irish
6 of great grandparents were full blood German the other 2 Irish
my grandfather on moms side was half german half irish, my grandmother was german
dads parents were both German.   I have a book from my mom's side but not having
the luck on dad's side.  Mom's family is who I have traced back.
A fun fact, that mom's family was once apart of one of the very famous gangs back in
the 1800's

2. Branch Rickey, the baseball exec credited with signing Jackie Robinson, is credited as saying-

"Luck is the residue of design."
Agree or disagree? Why?
I am not sure that I agree LUCKY, but think people have worked very hard to get where they are today however, I do think people at a young age know where their talent is

3. In the town where you currently reside, what's your favorite green space?
my yard, love having all the little critters in the yard,  squirrels, rabbits and the birdies
that come to visit.

4. Who is your favorite comedian?
I like Jeff Dunham and Gabriel Iglasis

5. March is National Nutrition Month, and almost everyone needs to improve their diet in some way. What about you? How can you improve your nutrition on a daily basis? Will you try?
I have cut salt almost completely out of my diet, carbs coming next...and yes I will try sometimes it is hard

6. Which of these green expressions have you 'experienced' in recent weeks-green with envy, green thumb, green around the gills, or give the green light? Explain.
green around the gills, because of something stupid "gilligan did" but things are working 
out but is taking some time to deal with taking one day at a time

7. What is one place you don't mind waiting?
at my favorite mexican food restaurant

8. Insert your own random thought here.
be careful who you trust!!!! the devil was once an angel

2 comments:

  1. hey there! i’m jenn, one of tina’s minions for the a to z blog challenge. just wanted to drop by and introduce myself and say welcome to the challenge!

    trivia... there's a chain of grocery stores in colorado called city market. my great grandfather and his brothers came over from austria and opened them up. they started in la junta. but they didn't call the stores city market until they opened the grand junction store.

    i can't agree or disagree with that, because then that would imply that i believe in absolutes, which i don't.

    the backroads in the country, off of f.m.'s 149 and 1484.

    quit guzzling sodas. probably not.

    green with envy, i guess. because i'm not a published author yet. (and because i don't see myself as being beautiful, and i'm surrounded by beautiful people).

    there's not an instance where i don't mind doing that. so no place exists.




    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8