Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Rainbows Rants walmart pharmacy



OK yea they fill while you shop!!! NOT an hour and a half later they finally sent the text to my phone saying my RX's were ready yippee finally
I can go home after all if I need Rx's I am sick right?

So I get my prescriptions all 3 of them  2 inhalers and tussinex for cough
I am in full blown bronchitis so coughing isn't a joke as I have coughed so
much my ribs hurt.

ME:  to pharmacist does this cough medicine have codeine in it? as I am highly allergic to codeine.....I know hydrocodone was a codeine derivative
as I once was a pharmacy tech.  I specifically ask....

PHARMACIST:  says well most people can take hydrocodone that cant take codeine...PFFT  and that you should be ok...so against my better judgement I buy said RX

ME:  I walk away in dismay as I can't believe what the pharmacist had just told me....and sicker than crap I AM NOT DUMB I know what my body can do and not.

so out the store I go...thankfully said RX was only $7.00 I would have been upset more if it had been more.

I have been taking robitiussin dm to break it up....however  when I go to bed I take the tussinex so that I can try to sleep.  I go to sleep and 2 hrs later have a rude awakening...wth is going on....I fell like I am having a heart attack..but remember what happened one other time when I took something that had codeine in it...
and going to the ER they told me it was pancreatitis ... so I get out of bed cautiously  go the bathroom and get a HOT rag to put on my stomach.....as that relaxes the pancreas so it will quit spazzing.
I go back to sleep and 15 minutes later another one...this time hurting more UGH!!! same routine
back to sleep I go....30 minutes I kid you not I had an attack that thought I was going to die....I try to get up
I am so dizzy that I can't see and feeling nauseated barely making it to the toilet so that I can try to throw up after though I feel so much better....off to bed I go...and sleep till almost noon, I guess I needed the sleep.

MY rant is ...if you tell your pharmacist that you are allergic..Please insist even if it is a derivative for something...please request something else!!! yes most people may be able to take the synthetic stuff..but that one person may not and could cost them their life...now if I had not know what was going on...I would have sworn I was having a heart attack.  If you have a codeine allergy..please look at all the stuff (rx) that has
codeine in it and PERSIST YOUR DR. GIVES YOU SOMETHING DIFFERENT.  there is a lot of pain pills that do not have codeine in them but not so much on the elixir.

If this post will help at least one person this is worth my RANT and sharing!!!

Hope you all are doing well

Rainbow

PS  I will be making a trip to wal-mart pharmacy tomorrow and talking to the RX manager!!!keep an
eye up for the follow up

2 comments:

  1. Oh my....I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you had to go through that and pray all is better now. PLEASE DO GO BACK AND TALK WITH THE PHARMACY MANAGER. THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED. My experience with the Pharmacist is different, 8 years ago I was trying to ration my Blood Pressure meds and it was the Pharmacist who told me to go to the ER to get it checked out. 18 months ago that same Pharmacist told me my pulse was too fast and I needed to have it checked out. I ended up having a Heart Attack in the Photo Lab. Lot of excitement that day. Anthony has saved my life twice now and the first time he did not even know me other then as a customer.

    HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER SOON.

    rainbow (Momma Lyn)

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8