Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Gone but never forgotten

 

Gone but never forgotten

 The Lord called you home May 23, 2022.  He needed you there to be reunited with your bride of 67 years, and with your twin (my daddy).  I am so grateful that we got to visit you last Tuesday and that you were still in the health and that we had a GREAT day of visiting and remembering.      

I am truly sorry that you had to suffer cancer, but thankfully you didn't suffer but a few short months.

you were the last of 9 siblings to remain, and guessing the reasoning was to make sure we would all be ok.




This is the last 3 remaining kids of 9
seated is daddy (this was on his and moms 60th anniversary) along with a double anniversary for Uncle Roy and Aunt Wanda (he is in the blue blazer and reddish shirt)

Daddy is seated as he wasn't feeling the best, he passed Aug 21, 2015.  Dad was 1 month shy of being 83

Uncle James (in the brown blazer) He was 95 when the Lord called him home on Easter Sunday of 2020.  He passed from natural causes he had a good life.

Uncle Roy in the blue was daddy's twin.  

All 3 were veterans Uncle James WWII, Daddy Korean War, Uncle Roy Korean, Vietnam, forgive me drew a blank, but even had a tour with the Persian Gulf war in the early 1990's.    

Uncle Roy, you were my closest uncle, I am guessing because of you and dad, however I truly miss you and I am thankful you're at peace now.  I have all of the memories and thank you for those.   RIP until we meet again.  You were the open link to your 8 siblings now the link is complete again with them and your parents.    Please Give MOM and DAD a big hug for me.

On a side note:  Uncle Roy got a mini urn of daddy's ashes; they will be laid in his arms so they can be together again, and his military honor flag will be placed on his heart, he earned it and wanted it to remain with him.   

My heart is saddened and joyful at the same time, tears are rolling down my face as I am typing.  I am in the process of writing a poem to read at his funeral.

please say some prayers for his 2 kids, as well as MANY nieces and nephews who all loved him dearly.

Monday, May 231 Corinthians 2:1212 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8