Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Define Hodgepodge


Define Hodgepodge- Vol 98Every week Joyce over here http://joyce-fromthissideofthepond.blogspot.com/

does a really nice blog hop, if you haven't joined you are really missing out

Welcome to this week's edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. So glad you joined the party...be sure to add your link at the bottom of Joyce's post and then go see what everyone else is saying.

Here are my answers-

1.  Noah Webster was born this week back in 1758...besides the online version, do you own a dictionary? Do you ever use the hardback edition or is your search for a definition strictly online these days?
I do still use my hardback dictionary!!! I am do not always have access to the internet.  

2.  Should public schools ban Halloween celebrations?  What about other holiday celebrations currently under fire? 

I think that schools should let the parents decide if they take celebrations out of school ie at a meeting at the beginning of the school year.  I agree with Joyce about becoming so serious in everything we do

3. What's your favorite 'dog' movie?

I have to say Old Yeller   or Where The Red Fern Grows  I know that is 2 but those are my 2 favs and yes tissues must be on hand for both....if you have never seen either you are missing out on 2 classic movies

4. When were you last somewhere you'd describe as 'too quiet'? 

Being that I live alone, it is always quiet at my house.   Going to the library though I would have to say  is quiet

5.  Are you a neat cook or a messy cook?  In other words, do you clean as you go or make a big mess and deal with it later? 

Oh, I definitely clean as I go, I do not like clutter or mess no matter how big or small

6. Did you hear about Felix Baumgartner, the skydiver who broke the sound barrier via parachute.  Was your first thought COOL! or was your first thought CRAZY!  Are you adventurous?

I thought it was a little of both I am adventurous to the max, sometimes I still get a little (lot) scared when  I go hiking and such....I have to over ride my brain and say I CAN DO THIS

7.  What's not a word but should be?

Im with you on Gigormous :) 

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 

Live every day like it was your last!!, always remember to say the "I LOVE YOU's as we never know what tomorrow may bring

sorry can't post pics using a public computer (at work) tried to sneak in a blog before heading home

3 comments:

  1. Where the Red Fern Grows is one of our favorite books here. The movie was good, but we loved the book! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your #8 and it was a good reminder to me on this day. I hope you have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8