Wednesday, January 23, 2013

All is Fair in love hodgepodge


and here are my answers

1.  The popular saying 'All is fair in love and war' is originally credited to English writer John Lyly.  Is he right?  That really depends on the definition of fair, there are so many ways we can use that word.

2. Are you a cereal eater?  What's your favorite kind?
I love cereal, and still go with cheerios


3. A five year old in Pennsylvania was recently given a ten day school suspension for talking with a friend about shooting one another with a Hello Kitty Bubble gun (the toy blows bubbles).  She did not have the gun with her at school.   
wow that is harsh, we all played with blow guns as kids, that little girls should not have been punished at school that way!!! where is our principals now?



4. Whatever happened to_______________________?
I was thinking prayer in school or saying the pledge of allegiance as my first guess
but zebra gum..you know the kind that had all the flavors (Fruit stripe, in case you have forgotten this
here it is   Joyce I remember your Whip n Chill those were so yummy




5. January 23rd is National Handwriting Day, billed as a day to reacquaint yourself with a pen and pencil.  Do you like your handwriting?  Do you prefer to print or write in cursive?  This date was chosen because its the birth date of John Hancock.  What's the last thing you signed your name to? 
I actually still write letters to soldiers, and I still pay my bills by check.  I signed some checks n letters just
today


6.  Speaking of John Hancock, ever been to Philadelphia?  Do you have any desire to visit the city of Brotherly Love?
Have never been to PA but is on my bucket list


7. Share something funny you've heard a child say. 
Mom...works where? mom says at Church's chicken, child says oh mommy works at churches like so n so
that came from my 2 1/2 yr old great nephew :) out of the mouths of babes


8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
Live each and every day like it is your last, always say I love you to everybody close to you
and never go to bed angry at the one you love

2 comments:

  1. You can still sometimes find Fruit Stripe gum. I always pick it up if I see it because we like to use it as shutters on our gingerbread houses at Christmastime.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8