Friday, February 19, 2021

What are you proud of yourself for today? Why? Feb 18 prompt

What are you proud of yourself for today? Why?  

I am proud of my courage for taking care of Gator who is fighting terminal cancer.  WHY?  Until you have been a caregiver for a cancer patient you wouldn't understand.  The chore is very REAL.   Changing sheets 2 or 3 times during the night on chemo weeks because of accidents or throwing up, fevers, headaches, not wanting to eat, crying because he feels like a burden.   This struggle is hard on both people.    I wouldn't change anything because I still have him here with me.   Everyday is a blessing, that he is still here.

2 comments:

  1. Bless your heart. I understand this and I pray that God will give you the strength to keep going. But I do hope you have some trusted people who can give you some respite time so you can get out once in a while and just breathe the fresh air. You are a wonderful wife and helpmate. May the Lord bless you and take care of you and your dear hubby. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela, thank you so very much. I go out for 30 mins a day (no chores nothing just me time)(and camera time) providing the last 2 weeks that time has just been walking around the yard. It is basically him and I however hospice is great in making sure that I am ok. I have GOD on my side so there is nothing better than the father of all fathers. ((((HUGS))) to you and Ms Lily Grace.

      Delete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8