Friday, July 22, 2011

365 days of pictures day 60 my new flower bed

This is my newest contraption.  This is where the dogs were before moving them down to the shade (they love it down there plus its bigger)

The dolly is 150 + years old used for the old pot belly stoves.  This thing weighs close to 60 lbs in itself.  Somebody gave it to my parents in 1955 and he told dad it had been in his family then for over 100 years.  The wheels had no rubber on them, I couldn't imagine moving a stove with this thing much alone the dolly itself.

The grass in the middle of the rocks (Tiger Grass <hence the name>) it is in the pompass grass family. the smaller greens are some small shrubs.

The lighthouse, is a solar paneled light...the whole top lights up its pretty neat when it works,....I think the sensor has gone out on it.

It is 107 with the index and there is a slight chance of rain for the weekend, please pray we get it...our water tables are dropping an average of 3 feet per day.   (meaning the lake, reservoirs, water supplies)  we are under mandatory water conservation (meaning no use of unnecessary water)  What I have animals that need water...they get fresh water sometimes 4 times a day.



Hope all of you are staying cool :)
Blessings
Rainbow

1 comment:

  1. Oh I know you guys are hurting with that heat and the humity both. I have been praying for a break and some rain for you all. God please rain down upon them and refresh their land and their homes in Jesus name.
    It is suppose to be lovely this weekend. Time will tell.
    Love that dolly thingy. Very cool! Like you I cannot imgaine moving anything with that.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8