Friday, July 1, 2011

365 days of pictures ~day 46~ mom n dad

this is my parents doing what they love doing, sitting under the shade trees.  Now it was 99 + the index when I took this pic, (taken earlier this evening)

This is the house where I grew up, mom n dad have lived here since 1962.

This is also the area in which we sit to watch the neighbors shoot off fireworks.

It took dad 17 weekends to do all of the rock work.  These are rocks dug up in the local fields around here aka lime stones and sand stones.  My yard here is loaded to the kilt with the sand stones...ask my lawnmowers,  thank God my dad works on mowers, usually every summer I always manage to break the spindles (ACK they are $50. a piece that is dad's cost, and he doesn't charge me labor to put them on)

I hope everybody has a safe and happy 4th...

Blessings
Rainbow

3 comments:

  1. That rock work is beautiful! Your dad is a very talented man. I pray you all have a safe and wonderful fourth of July.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you will have the BEST seat for the show. At our place we usually sit in our yard and watch wile our neighbors shot off their fireworks, we enjoy the show wile they spend all the money. Plus we have a good spot to watch the city shows. This year will be different, with the high fire danger, owning or selling fireworks are band this year. Even the city shows, Amarillo and Canyon are going to be laser light showes this year. We will see what happens.

    HOPE EVERYONE HAS A SAFE AND HAPPY 4th with FRIENDS and FAMILY. LOVE TO YOU ALL !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a perfect way to keep it cool! Relaxing in the shade.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8