Wednesday, May 18, 2011

365 days of Pictures ~Day 6~ baby robins

welcome to day 6 of my pictures
 these little guys fell out of the nest, because of an old tree that had died and had to come down.

I found them 8 hours later they were cold and hungry, I wrap them in a towel put them in a basket, and off I go to find some earthworms  I found only 3 so I patiently wait for them to open their little mouths so I can put these cut up worms down their throat.  OK all fed now its nap time then I notice cold again, so I put a wash cloth in the microwave to heat it up so to get these babies back warm, nap time oh wait....now where hungry again so feed cut up worms again now its nap time.  *you get the picture*
after going to bed at 2am so I could keep them fed and warm, upon waking the next morning *Tuesday* they are alive and very hungry, but wait they are peeping, and bouncing around, so off I go to find more worms, are you kidding no bait stores in town, so I get meal worms ok they are small and I don't have to cut them up, they both ate 3 apiece then nap time, then time to warm up again,   then 20 mins later its time for food again...my dad called me mama bird :)  last night around 11pm the one on the top (at first he was the stronger one and the bottom was the weaker one)  he took a really bad turn and was gasping for air,  I heated them up again and said a prayer for them to make it one more day.  The weaker was bouncing wanting food again :) so I fed that one but the other was not responding to food.  after feeding I put it back in the basket and to sleep it went.  This morning when I woke up (anxious to go see my new found babies) much disappointment they had both died during the night.  After, holding the tears away I went and buried them under the clay pot man, thats appropriate right?  trying to keep these babies alive, I figured they may have been traumatically injured when they fell.    The joy of this experience was such a blessing,  nobody else would have had that much patience trying to keep them alive.  the support knowing that I did everything possible and beyond to save these little miracles. 

Would you help baby birds if you found them?  or any other baby animal in need?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8