Wednesday, May 25, 2011

365 days of pictures ~day 13~ lightening


Welcome to day 12 of 365 days of pictures.  This was taken last  night 5-24-11 while down at my parents, it was pretty yucky looking for about 2 hours.  

I went outside trying to catch the lightening and caught a few.

I felt so bad for my mom she was so scared because they were saying the weather was going to be quite severe with the possibilities of huge twisters,  living in Tornado alley I have learned to respect them.  I told mom its only a thunderstorm, then the sirens start going off, but it was only a warning that they had spotted a twister.  I stood on the porch until the wind got to where the trees were bending like a rubber stick.  We had 70 mph wind and rain was like somebody had a hose on.  I stay there thru the storm, then I head home as my dogs and poor kitty are here all alone,  coming home I was fighting water standing in the road, and trying to avoid the limbs that were down everywhere.  The closer I get to home the more concerned I was getting as the limbs were getting bigger and the water getting deeper.  No damage at home, but boy kitty sure was glad to see mommy, and the dogs were like ahhh mommies home she is safe too!!!  The creek below the house was major flooded!!! thank God I didn't have to go that way.  

Do you enjoy a good ole fashion thunderstorm?  Are you fascinated by the lightening?


Deuteronomy 32:4
The Rock, his work is perfect, for all his ways are justice.  A God of 
faithfulness and without iniquity, just and upright is he.

Blessings
Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome

Remember we are saved by Grace through Faith! Ephesians 2:8